Last week we went along to the Construction Supplier Day in Leeds, organised by CHY (Construction Connecting Communities), Leeds City Council and Supply Chain Sustainability School.
The day allowed for attendees to understand how to access over £100m of construction opportunities with major contractors such as; BAM, Balfour Beatty, Carillion, ISG, Kier, Laing O’Rourke, Morgan Sindall, Willmott Dixon and Wates.
Specifically designed for SMEs, there were opportunities for:
- Understanding the pipeline of construction work across the region;
- Hearing from major clients on their sustainability and community requirements;
- Appreciating what major contractors expect from their supply chain;
- Accessing free sustainability training on topics relevant to your business;
- Learning how the School can help you better meet client requirements, and discover the wealth of resources if offers to the local supply chain.
Our involvement in the day provided us with the opportunity to showcase our work and encourage supply chain employers to consider apprentices as an effective means of building the skills base within their employees. It also gave us the chance to highlight nationwide concerns around skills shortages in the industry. We also took part in the Q&A panel and helped promote social value.
Overall it was a great day…. so thank you for having us!